Antisemitism In Our Time: How can we prepare and how do we respond?
We are looking for articles on the following categories/prompts. Click here to submit your article.
– Historical context (including the Holocaust)
– Contemporary survey of recent worldwide statistics
– Lesson plans for teaching about antisemitism
– Survey of available books, stories and other literature for use in teaching students about antisemitism
Security Strategies & Procedures
– Changing/updating security protocols in synagogues, schools, community centers, etc.
– Crisis management tools for antisemitic events and threats
– Managing communications with parents and students during and after security threats and antisemitic incidents
– Effects of increased security on student/family populations
Discussion Guides/Opinion Pieces
– Talking to our children about antisemitism (Pre-K through high school)
– Preparing high school age kids for college campuses
– Working with interfaith and interracial families around antisemitism
– The Women’s March: Implications & impact
– Allies in times of crisis (other faiths showing compassion/helping in the face of antisemitic acts)
Click here to submit your article.
– Please submit your article as a Word document, double spaced, with 1″ margins.
– All sources you use that are not original should be footnoted.
– Articles will be read by a peer panel which will decide whether to include them in this issue.
The submission deadline is March 15, 2019.
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a projected publication date of April 2019.